🧀Purple grilled cheese with kale broccoli stalk pesto🥬
Food always tastes better with gorgeous natural colours 😋
We think this is the best by far plant-based cheese sauce for toastie! For the purple colour we just used a purple carrot instead of 🥕
🥪Recipe for 4🥪
🧀For the cheese sauce:
• Boil for 10min in a saucepan 1/2 cup cashews(65 g) and 1 medium carrot, sliced.
• blend together until smooth: -carrot and cashews drained
– 2 tbsp of cooking water
– 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
– tbsp tapioca starch
– 1 tsp lemon juice
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp garlic powder
– 1/8 tsp turmeric
• pour the sauce back in the saucepan on low heat, keep stirring with a spatula until it’s getting thicker and stretchy, remove from heat.
🥬For the pesto, blend all ingredients together:
– 2 cups kale (pre-shred the stems)
– 1 Brocoli stalk shreded
– 1/2 cup olive oil
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 clove garlic
– 2 tbsp lemon juice
– 1/4 cup toasted hemp seeds
– 1 TSP dried basil
– 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
Butter 8 slices of bread on 1 side. In a medium nonstick skillet, heat a dollop of vegan butter over medium heat. Once the butter begins to bubble, add a slice of bread, butter side down, and use a spatula to spread cheese sauce on top. Top with another slice of bread, butter side up. Cook for 2-4 minutes, or until the bottom of the bread is golden brown. Flip and cook for 2-4 minutes more, until the other slice of bread is golden brown as well, then remove from pan. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Slice the sandwiches in half and serve immediately.
Bon appetit 😁