Zucchini casserole with skyrella
Skyr is a creamy cheese resulting from the acidic fermentation of skim milk.
This food is very common in Iceland where it has been consumed for centuries; this recipe was brought on the island by the Vikings about 900 years ago.
Skyrella is a magical mixture between skyr and the traditional Italian mozzarella.
Ingredients: zucchini, tomato pulp, carrot, onion, skyrella, Parmigiano Reggiano (or other hard cheese), corn starch (optional), extra virgin olive oil, salt.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
2. Wash and cut the zucchini vertically into slices; sprinkle them with a bit of corn starch (optional; this step helps to make the casserole less liquid) and place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Add a bit of salt on the slices
3. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and then bake them in the oven until they reach a slightly golden color.
4. Clean and dice the onion and carrot. Then, in a saucepan, brown the dice with a little olive oil.
5. Pour the tomato pulp, add a little salt and cook over medium heat until the sauce has thickened. It must reach a fairly thick consistency; the duration depends on the quantity of sauce.
6. In a baking dish, arrange the layers of the casserole; each layer is made up of zucchini covered with tomato sauce, pieces of skyrella and a sprinkling of parmesan. Ideal height: 3 layers.
7. Bake at 200 ° C in the oven until a crispy brown crust appears on the surface (about 40 minutes).
8. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving (the risk is a second degree burn on your palate).
#skyr #skyrella #zucchini #vegetables #diet #food #light #parmesan #tomato #cheese #baked #food #cheeselovers #casserole #glutenfree #vegetarian #lowcarb #recipes #easyrecipes #vegetariarecipes #glutenfreerecipes #glutenfreeideas #vegetarianfood