Your September Food🍂
Roasted Pecan, Butternut Squash, Red Pepper & Chickpea Salad:
• 330g (1/2 medium) butternut squash, peeled & chopped into bite-sized chunks
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped into chunks
• 400g can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
• 1 small red onion, sliced
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• sea salt
• a handful pecan nuts
• 1 serving quinoa
For the lemon tahini dressing:
• 1 heaped tbsp tahini
• juice of 1/2 lemon • a little water
🥗How to prepare it 🥗
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/400F/gas 6, line a baking tray with non-stock baking parchment, then add the butternut squash chunks onto the lined baking tray. Cook in the oven for 15 mins until they have a softened a little, enough so that you can stick your fork through the squash without it breaking apart.
2. Add the red pepper & chickpeas, then stir in the garlic powder & a little salt. Cook for another 15 mins until the chickpeas are crispy and the red pepper is soft.
3. Add the red onion & pecans to the baking tray, then put back into the oven to cook for a further 5 mins until the pecans are toasted and the red onion is caramelised.
4. Meanwhile cook your quinoa in a little pan of boiling water on the hob according to packet instructions.
5. Add a handful of fresh spinach to a large salad bowl, then once the quinoa is cooked, drain the water from the pan, then add to the spinach followed by the roasted Pecan, Butternut squash, red pepper & Chickpea salad and give everything a good toss to combine everything together and so the spinach wilts a little.
6. To make the lemon tahini drizzle, add 1 heaped tbsp of tahini and juice of 1/2 lemon into a cup, mix well together until you form a paste, then add in a little bit of water a time to reach a creamy runny consistency. Serve your salad the drizzle with the tahini dressing! Enjoy!
#foodphotography #foodstagram #veganrecipes #veganfood #vegas #salads #saladsofinstagram #foodlover #foodblogger #letsgetvegan #veganlife #veganbreakfast #vegetarianrecipes #vegetarianfood #vegetarianmeals #vegetarianweightloss #vegetariandinner