Wholemeal chocolate cake with coconut chocolate cream by @365cleaneats 💗
(Vegan / Nut- & Refined Sugar-Free)
Follow us @veganfantasy for daily delicious vegan recipe!🌱🌱#veganfantasy
100g whole meal spelt flour
30g raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
1 tsp aluminium-free baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp pink salt
2 Tbsp. flax meal
100g coconut sugar or choice of granulated
1/4cup(60ml) vegetable oil (not coconut oil for this recipe as the cake texture changes after chilling)
1/3cup 80ml plant-based milk
2 tsp white vinegar
Coconut chocolate cream:
1 can coconut cream (refrigerated for more than 24h)
2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180⁰C/360F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, place flax meal and 4 Tbsp. water and set aside for a few minutes until thickened. Add rest of the wet ingredients and mix well.
3. In the same bowl, add the shifted dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Then add white vinegar and mix.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth down evenly.
5. Bake for 25 minutes. Place an oven tray on the rack above the cake to prevent burning and continue baking for another 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Open the chilled coconut cream can and scoop out the solidified cream on top in a bowl. Beat the cream with an electric hand mixer until it turns to a thick whipped cream. Add maple syrup and raw cacao powder and beat it until mixed.
7. Decorate the cream on the top. Chill it in the fridge before serving.