Who wants a cozy bowl of Roasted Butternut Squash Carrot Soup by @HealthyLittleVittles? 🥣❤️
Save this recipe to make for later! 😋
Follow us @vegancanteen for daily delicious vegan recipe!🌱🌱#vegancanteen
* 1 medium butternut squash (approximately 4 cups)
* 3 large carrots
* 1/2 large onion
* 4 cloves of garlic
* 3 tablespoons avocado/olive oil
* 2 teaspoons salt, more to taste
* 1 teaspoon pepper, more to taste
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 2 + 1/2 cups vegetable broth
* 1 cup plant milk
* dairy-free yogurt, for drizzling
* roasted almond slices
* crispy sage (sage leaves sautéed in olive/avocado oil)
* toasted pumpkin seeds
* maple syrup (optional)
* Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
* Wash and peel the carrots, then peel and chop the butternut squash into cubes. Chop the onion into chunks and peel the garlic cloves.
* Place everything on a baking sheet and drizzle with avocado/olive oil, then sprinkle salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the butternut squash can be easily pierced with a fork. Meanwhile, place the vegetable broth, plant milk, and cumin in a blender. Add the roasted veggies when they are done and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Add more salt and pepper to tasted if desired.
* With the oven off, add 1/2 cup sliced almonds to a baking sheet and place in the oven to roast for about 3-5 minutes, watching very carefully so they don’t burn. Remove from the oven and place in a bowl.
* Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2-1 tablespoon olive/avocado oil and then add about 12 sage leaves. Toss in the oil and allow them to crisp up. When they start to turn brown, place them onto a plate.
* Spoon the soup into bowls, then garnish as desired and serve! If using dairy-free yogurt (which I recommend!) you can water it down to be able to drizzle or just dollop some in the center and then top with other garnishes. Refrigerate leftovers and eat within 2 days or freeze for another meal later on!