What are you doing today? Cause you should probably be making these CHOCOLATE DATE PUFFED WHEAT SQUARES!!! These are gooey and crunchy at the same time, and are vegan with NO refined sugar. So good! Recipe below or at the link in my bio:)
Chocolate Date Puffed Wheat Squares
Serves: Makes 9 squares
Total Time: 30 minutes, plus at least 3 hours cooling time.
* 10 large Medjool Dates
* 1/4 cup maple syrup
* 2 tbsp cocoa powder
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 2 tbsp coconut oil
* 3 cups puffed wheat
1. Heat some water in a small pot over the stove until it just begins to simmer. Remove from the heat and add in the dates. Let them sit for about 10 minutes to soften them up.
2. Remove the pits from the dates and add them into a blender or food processor. Blend until a kind of paste forms, but don’t worry, it doesn’t have to be completely smooth.
3. Transfer the date paste back into the small pot and add the cocoa powder, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Place over low heat on the stove for about 2 minutes as you stir to combine.
4. Remove the date mixture from the heat. Dump the puffed wheat into a large bowl and mix in the chocolatey dates. Press the soon-to-be puffed wheat squares into an 8×8 pan greased with coconut oil.
5. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge until firm enough to eat; around 3 hours. You can try and speed up this process by throwing the squares into the freezer.
6. Once the puffed wheat mixture has cooled, cut it into 9 squares and enjoy!
7. Store in the fridge.
#chocolate #dates #puffedwheat #puffedwheatsquares #healthyfood #healthyteen #healthyrecipes #healthydesserts #recipeideas #vegandesserts #vegandessertideas #gooey #chocolatey #blended #nobake #cocoapowder #chocolatedesserts #healthyrecipeideas #vegan #veganrecipes #chocolate #summerdesserts #treats #yum #mydayisbooked