We are changing this up, lots of holiday cookies these days, so what about making these Vegan Christmas Tree Zebra Cakes?!
Original recipe from @veganandproudblog that we tweaked, baked images from @healthyhomebakes and all natural food coloring and sprinkles from @colorkitchenfoods from your December ZESTBOX!
We tweaked the recipe for the filling to make it quick and simple and boy did they come out amazing!
* 3/4 cup non dairy butter (softened)
* 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
* 1/2 cup aquafaba (liquid from drained chickpeas)
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* 2/3 cup non dairy milk
Organic vegan frosting
* 16 oz. vegan white chocolate chips
* 4 oz. vegan chocolate chips
* 1 package @colorkitchenfoods green food coloring and holiday sprinkles
1. Heat oven to 350 F and grease a 17×12 inch pan or line with parchment paper
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment add the butter and sugar until fluffy.
3. Add the aquafaba and vanilla and mix until combined. Add remaining ingredients and beat until combined.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 10-12 minutes.
5. Once the cake is completely cooled, cutout with tree cookie cutter. Frost one cutout with frosting, top with another cutout. Place on a wire rack and refrigerate for 20 to 30 min.
6. Add a little bit of water in a small pan and heat over low to medium heat. Place a heatproof bowl on top of the pan and add the white chocolate chips and food coloring and heat until melted stirring with a rubber spatula.
7. Remove the cakes from the fridge and pour the melted white chocolate over each of the cakes until completely covered, add sprinkles and place back in the fridge for 10 minutes.
#veganrecipes #veganchristmasrecipes #holidaybaking #haveyourcakeandeatittoo #healthylifestyle #fitfam #cleanbaking #cleanbakingrecipes #myzestbox #giftsforbakers