Roasted tomato soup
Warming up ? with this creamy, super simple roasted tomato soup ? Dunking toast into a bowl of hot soup is surely one of life’s great pleasures?Is there anything more comforting?!
Made this with just 6 ingredients – a great idea for batch cooking ??? or you can do what I do and use the leftover soup for pasta sauces and stews. Happy Weekend #veganautonomy
- 800g tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 white onions
- 2 red chilli, chopped @myvegan (optional)
- salt and pepper
- ✅Preheat oven to 180•c. Slice tomatoes in half, place on a roasting tray cut side up and drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- ✅Roast in the oven for 25 mins, until browning at the edges. Slice and fry onion with remaining oil in a medium size pan over a moderate heat.
- ✅Fry for 5-7 mins until soft. Add in garlic and chilli and stir for 2 mins, until fragrant.
- ✅Add in roasted tomatoes, salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
- ✅Using a stick or stand blender, process soup until smooth. Serve with coco yoghurt and crusty toast. Enjoy!