This was my first ever attempt at making these and I was pretty happy with how they turned out ☺️ Needed a little help from my friend @cactus_mcs (who is a pro wonton maker) because my first few attempts at folding these were very sad?
•3 Grated carrots
•8 shitaki mushrooms
•1/2 Red onion
• 1 whole garlic
• bulb of ginger
•2 tbps soy sauce
•1 tbps seasame oil
• 2 tbps olive oil
• 1 tbps siracha sauce
• wonton skins
1. Chop all veg as small as possible.
2. Add red onion, garlic and ginger and cook until onion is translucent. Then add cabbage, mushrooms and carrot and stir for 2 minutes.
3. Add salt,soy sauce, siracha and sesame oil. Stir and let cook for until everything is throughly cooked and water is coming out of the veggies.
4. Let the cooked veg sit and cool for a few minutes. Flour a clean surface and fill and bowl with cold water to prepare wontons.
5. Take a teaspoon of the veg mixture and fold your wontons.
Wonton cooking suggestions:
• You can choose to steam for approx 20 min but I highly recommend either boiling them on their own or in a nice broth.
•For my dipping sauce I added 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon on balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon of siracha and some chilli flakes.
#vegan #veganrecipes #veganfood #wonton #veggiewontons #vegetarian #vegetarianrecipes #shitakimushrooms #healthylifestyle #healthyfood #lunchtime #asianvegan #wontonsoup #? #? #veganfoodshare