VEGETABLE STIR FRY RECIPE by @dinneratthezoo.
INGREDIENTS (Servings 4):
FOR THE STIR FRY:
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
• 1/2 cup carrots peeled and sliced.
• 1 cup mushrooms sliced.
• 1 cup broccoli florets.
• 3/4 cup bell peppers sliced, I used red and yellow.
• 1 cup snow peas trimmed.
• 1/2 cup water chestnuts drained and sliced.
• 3/4 cup baby corn drained and sliced.
• 2 teaspoons garlic minced.
• 1 teaspoon ginger minced.
• Salt and pepper to taste.
FOR THE SAUCE:
• 1/4 cup vegetable broth.
• 1/4 cup soy sauce.
• 3 tablespoons honey (Optional).
• 2 teaspoons cornstarch.
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the carrots and mushrooms and cook for 4-6 minutes or until tender.
2. Add the broccoli, bell peppers, snow peas, water chestnuts, baby corn and 2 tablespoons of water to the pan.
3. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and water has mostly cooked off.
4. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
5. In a bowl, whisk together the vegetable broth, soy sauce and honey (Optional).
6. Pour the soy sauce mixture over the vegetables and cook for 30 seconds.
7. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
8. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken.
9. Serve immediately.
NUTRITION FACT (Amout per serving):
_ Calories: 191Kcal.
_ Carbohydrates: 36g.
_ Protein: 6g.
_ Fat: 4g.
_ Fiber: 4g.
_ Sugar: 19g.