Vegetable Curry with Coconut Rice 🍛💚
I made this comforting and delicious vegetable curry for my family and I, served with coconut rice 🥥. I used all the veggies in my fridge that needed using up. I love making dishes where you can throw everything together in one pan without using up too much utensils. Simple, healthy and very flavoursome ✨
🔸Ingredients (for 4 people)
Prep time: 5 mins/ Cook time: 20 mins
🌱1/2 of green, red and yellow bell pepper
🌱4 cloves of garlic
🌱1 cup of frozen peas
🌱1/2 of chickpeas
🌱1/2 of tinned chopped tomatoes
🌱A handful of cherry tomatoes
🌱2tsp of turmeric powder
🌱1 can of coconut milk
🌱3 small carrots
🌱A handful of kale
🌱Sea salt and pepper
🌱1/2 a lemon (squeezed)
🌱Optional: parsley (garnish) and chilli flakes
1. Chop the garlic and onion. Add in a pan and cook on medium heat with some water (or olive oil but I’m currently adding less oil to my cooking) for 2 mins.
2. Add the chopped veggies, tinned tomato and chickpeas to the pan and cook for a further 10 mins. Then add the coconut milk and season with salt & pepper. Leave to cook until the veggies are soft.
3. Once cooked, turn off the heat and add the kale leaves (I don’t like to overcook to preserve the vitamins). Mix in with the veggies until the leaves become softer.
4. To finish, add the lemon (or lime) juice to the curry.
5. Serve with fresh coconut rice and add parsley leaves as a garnish.
#vegan #plantbased #veganfood #veganrecipe#crueltyfree #healthyfood #glutenfree #food #organic #healthy #govegan #vegansofig #foodporn #foodie #veganlife #healthylifestyle #whatveganseat #love #veganrecipes #veganism #vegano #veganfoodshare #giveaway #instafood #dairyfree #health #natural #vegansofinstagram #VeganInstaClub