VEGAN THAI SWEETCORN PANCAKES
It’s me again with more Thai food for Sunday brunch! 🤷🏽♀️ (the obsession is real, send help!)
– 1 cup plain flour
– 3 cups sweetcorn
– 4 kaffir lime leaves
– ¾ cup of unsweetened milk (any)
– 4 tbsp Thai red curry paste (I make my own but shop bought works too)
– ½ tsp salt
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
– 3 tbsp cold water
1. Prepare the flax ‘egg’ by placing the ground flaxseeds in a small bowl with the water and set aside for a minimum of 10 minutes. If you don’t have flaxseed you can also use ground chia seeds which will have the same effect or if you eat eggs, use an egg.
2. Remove the stems from the kaffir like leaves and chop into small pieces.
3. Place half of the sweetcorn along with all of the milk, Thai red curry paste and kaffir lime leaves in a blender and blend until well combined and smooth.
4. Transfer the blended mix into a bowl and add the plain flour, the rest of the sweetcorn and flaxseed ‘egg’ and combine until a batter forms.
5. Add the baking powder and mix well to ensure it is fully incorporated.
6. Heat some oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Place the corn mixture into the pan, using approximately 2tbsps of mixture for each pancake and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes until brown.