VEGAN STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE ALMOND CAKE by @aboutthatfood
360ml soy milk
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
225g vegan butter
200g raw cane sugar
340g all purpose flour
200g ground almonds
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 vanilla pod
for the cream:
250g vegan Butter
300g vegan cream cheese
200g powdered sugar
1/2 vanilla pod
500g fresh strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/360F.
2. Whisk well the soy milk with the apple vinegar and put aside.
3. Mix the vegan butter and the cane sugar with your stand mixer until creamy.
4. In a bowl mix the flour with the almonds, the natron and the baking powder.
5. Slice the vanilla pod in half, scrape out one half of the seeds and stir it into the flour.
6. Pour the flour and the soy milk, one at a time, to the butter and sugar, while your stand
mixer ist running and blend well until you have a creamy consistency.
7.Divide the dough into two oiled cake tins (18 – 20cm) and bake for 30 minutes. Afterwards
let them cool completely.
8. For the butter cream blend the butter with the cream cheese, the sugar and the second half
of the vanilla pod in your stand mixer (or use your hand mixer) until creamy and then cool the
cream in the fridge.
9. Wash the strawberries. Cut half of them into small cubes, the other half just into halves or
10. As soon as the sponge layers are cooled, spread the first with half of the cream cheese
filling and then with the strawberry cubes, now top it with the second layer.
11. At last cover the cake with the rest of the butter cream and decorate with the strawberry
halves. Keep refrigerated until you serve the cake!
Follow my other pages for quick, delicious vegan recipes
@VeganChefRon on youtube
#veganrecipes #Organic #realfood #veganfoodie #plantbased #vegandessert