Vegan spring onion & mushroom omelette. Thank you @orgranfoods for creating the ‘egg’ powder.🙏✌️🤪They say practice makes perfect and I’m very proud at how tasty this omelette turned out.
3 Tbl Orgran Vegan easy egg
1-2 tsp black salt (kala namak) use as needed, as this is very salty
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp oregano powder
Pepper to taste (I used cracked pepper)
1 tbl olive oil (any oil would do)
1 cup water ( or a bit more if needed)
1 large spring onion diced
1/4 of a salad onion diced (any onion would do)
4 button mushrooms diced
2 cloves garlic finely diced
2 sprigs oh parsley
1. Sauté onions and garlic till translucent and they have some colour, about 3-5 minutes. Then add mushrooms. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Put mushroom mixture into a bowl and set a side.
2. Make the egg mixture by adding all the dry ingredients into a bowl and slowly adding the water and mixing at the same time. It should be a bit thicker than a runny mixture, but pourable. If too thick, adding a tablespoon of water at a time, till Desiree consistency is achieved. Taste for seasoning, adding a little bit of black salt if needed.
3. Heat up a medium sized non-stick frying pan on medium heat and add 1-2 tbl of oil
4. Add sautéed veggie to the egg mixture and mix
5. Pour the mixture into the frying pan and move the pan around till the entire pan is covered
6. Let the bottom cook uncovered for 5 minutes and then turn heat down to low, cover and cook for another 5 minutes
7. Check that the omelette is a golden colour and then cut the omelette in 4 and flip each side over and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
I enjoyed mine with tomato relish and home made kimchi.
#veganomelette #orgran #orgraneasyegg #noanimalswereharmed #veganlunch #vegan #vegans #veganofaustralia #vegansofperth #egglessomelette #healthyfood #healthyliving #veganfood #veganrecipes #veganlife #vegansofig #veganism #vegansofinstagram #veganfoodporn #veganfoodshare