Vegan Quiche. This was my attempt to recreate a quiche my mom used to make with shredded zucchini and carrots. You’ll need a pie crust for this, so use your favorite recipe if you have one. We like using a recipe from @veganosity for the crust. I’ve listed the recipe for the filling below.
* 1 package of firm or extra firm tofu
* 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
* 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp kala namak (black salt)
* 1/4 tsp onion powder
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder
* 1/8 tsp turmeric
* 1/8 tsp black pepper
* 1 onion, diced
* 3 cups shredded zucchini
* 1 cup shredded carrots
* 2 cups sliced mushrooms
* 1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
* 1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Add all the ingredients for the Tofu Filling to a food processor, and blend until smooth.
3. Sauté onion, zucchini, carrots, & mushrooms over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes.*
4. Add fresh basil and oregano, and some salt and pepper to taste, and cook another 2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, and drain the excess liquid.
6. Add tofu mixture to the veggies, and mix until they’re combined.
7. Add the filling to the pie crust and spread evenly.
8. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes.
9. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
*Alternatively, you could cook down the onions and mushrooms before adding the carrots and zucchini. Also, I usually sauté my veggies in water, but you could use oil or butter if you prefer.