🎃🥞Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pancake recipe by @plantbased.passport
We made these pancakes for brunch last weekend and were immediately overtaken by Fall Feels. You get bitterness from the semi-sweet chocolate, sweetness from the pumpkin and maple syrup, and warming spiciness from the pumpkin spice. Enjoy, friends! 🍁
1 3/4 cups AP flour
3/4 cups semisweet vegan chocolate chips
3 tsp organic brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pumpkin spice
1 tsp kosher salt
1 1/4 cups unsweetened plant milk
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup canned pumpkin purée
6 Tbsp aquafaba
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (plus more for cooking/serving)
Maple syrup, to serve
1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, chocolate chips, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt.
2. In as separate bowl, whisk together plant milk, lemon juice, pumpkin, aquafaba and melted butter.
3. Pour mixture over dry ingredients. Combine using a rubber spatula just until moist.
4. Heat cold butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Scoop 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbles appear on top and underside is nicely browned, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook pancakes on the other side, about 2 additional minutes. (Optional: keep cooked pancakes warm by arranging them over a baking sheet and placing them in an oven warmed to 200°F, while you cooking the remaining pancakes)
5. Serve immediately with maple syrup and pats of vegan butter. Enjoy!
#veganpancakes #chocolatechippancakes #pumpkinpancakes #veganbreakfast #veganbrunch