*Vegan Pumpkin Halwa*
Kaddu ka halwa or pumpkin halwa is the ideal recipe for the upcoming Navratri fasting period, which begins next month.
Considering that pumpkin combats cancer, improves the health of eyes, enhances immunity and fertility, this is one of the most delectable ways to make it a part of your diet ✌🏻
* 3 cups warm water
* 1 cup suji or semolina
* 1 cup kaddu or pumpkin, shredded
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 3-4 strands of saffron
* 7-8 cashew nuts and almonds
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* Pinch of salt
* 1 tsp cardamom or elaichi powder
* In a pan or Kadhai, add oil and roast the nuts.
* Once they turn golden brown, remove the nuts to a bowl.
* Add in the suji or rava and roast till it changes colour.
* Now add in shredded kaddu or pumpkin and cook on a low flame for 10 minutes.
* Add sugar and cook till it melts.
* Slowly start adding warm water while continuously stirring.
* The halwa will thicken. Now add in the elaichi powder, pinch of salt & saffron strands.
* Add the fried nuts.
* Switch off the gas. Serve Kaddu Ka Halwa warm for the best taste.
Being vegetarian and lactose intolerant since childhood, becoming vegan came naturally to me. So here’s my take on #shudhdesivegan by @toomunchonmyplate @temptyourtummy @bread.butter.jam @thehoggersblog @bachelor_bawarcheez @lunn_salt @blablafoodz @tejashreesagvekarpottery
Nominating @shri_paaka @pannashomecooking @priyashomemadefood
#veganrecipes #veganfood #vegetarianrecipes #vegetarianfood #healthyindianrecipes #pumpkinrecipes #pumpkinhalwa #pumpkinsheera #halwa #navratri2020 #thegracekitchenrecipes #thegracekitchen