vegan pasta with @beyondmeat spicy Italian “sausage” and a sh*t ton of mushrooms?
4 @beyondmeat spicy Italian sausages
3 cups mushrooms, finely diced in food processor if you have one
1 onion, finely chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 jars tomato sauce
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
to top: nutritional yeast & red chilli flakes
1. In a pot, cook your sausages and crumble it up. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. In the same pot add the onions and cook for 3 minutes on medium heat. Then add the garlic.
3. Reduce heat down to a medium/low heat. Add the finely chopped mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes. There should be liquid in the pot from the mushrooms and that’s okay.
4. Add tomato sauce, basil, oregano, and sausage back to the pot and season with salt and pepper. let it simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Serve over pasta noodles and top with nooch & red chilli flakes if you’d like!