Vegan Orange Cauliflower ?
#feastonthese ?: @jackfruitfulkitchen
Orange Cauliflower ?
• 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
• 1 C brown rice flour or GF all purpose flour
• 1 C water or plant milk
• 1 TBSP liquid aminos
• 2 TBSP orange juice
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 3/4 C orange juice
• 1/2 C water
• 1 TBSP orange zest
• 1” piece ginger
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 TBSP chili garlic sauce
• 1/4 C rice vinegar
• 1-2 TBSP liquid aminos or soy sauce
• 1/4 – 1/3 C swerve, coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
• crushed red peppers, to taste
• 1 tsp tapioca flour (or cornstarch) + 2 TBSP water
To Serve ?
• green onions, chopped
• broccolini, steamed
• Shirataki rice (for lower carb) or jasmine rice
1️⃣ Combine ingredients for batter in a large bowl. If it’s too thick, add extra liquid. Pour in cauli and toss. One by one, transfer cauliflower to two parchment lined baking sheets, letting excess batter drip off. Do not overcrowd. Bake at 400 for 30 min. Rinse/dry bowl, set aside.
2️⃣ Purée ingredients for sauce except tapioca flour in a blender until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan over low heat. Adjust spice, sweetness, and saltiness to your liking. Simmer for 5-10 min. Combine water and tapioca flour and stir into sauce to thicken.
3️⃣ Remove cauli from oven and pour into large bowl. Pour sauce over and toss to coat. Add green onions and serve!