VEGAN “Lobster” Rolls! 🦞 Stop what you’re doing and make these! Recipe below, and more recipes like this one in my cookbook! AVAILABLE NOW
· 5-6 hotdog rolls (split top/ not pre-sliced)
· 2 Tbsp vegan butter
· 1 tsp garlic paste
· 5-6 whole leaves butterhead lettuce
· 1 block extra-firm tofu
· ½ cup red bell pepper, grated
· 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
· 1/2 14-oz can of whole hearts of palm
· 1/4 cup vegan mayo
· 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
· ½ Tbsp sriracha
· 1 Tbsp chives, finely chopped
· 3/4 Tbsp lemon juice
· 3 Tbsp celery, finely diced
· ½ Tbsp green onion, finely diced
Topping/ Garnish: 1 Tbsp chives, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a 9×13 in baking dish with olive oil, set aside.
2. Open block of tofu, drain off excess water from packaging. Wrap block of tofu in a tea towel and gently press out excess water. Tear tofu into lobster meat-sized chunks. Place in bowl. Add grated red bell pepper and Old Bay Seasoning to the bowl with the tofu. Stir well. Transfer contents to glass baking dish and bake tofu at 425 degrees for 20 min.
3. Remove tofu/ pepper mix from oven, set aside to cool.
4. Prepare rolls. Line a baking sheet with foil. With a small knife, cut a slit down the top of each roll. Gently open bun up. Place cut rolls on baking sheet.
5. In a small saucepan, melt vegan butter. Add garlic paste to the saucepan. Sauté until fragrant, remove from heat, set aside. Brush the tops of the rolls with the garlic-butter, starting with the tops and edges of the rolls. Use any leftover butter mixture to brush on insides.
6. Broil rolls on high just long enough to lightly brown the tops! KEEP AN EYE ON THEM!
7. Prepare “lobster” mix. Drain and rinse hearts of palm. Pat hearts of palm dry.
8. Slice hearts of palm longways into matchstick shapes, leave some pieces longer or shorter. Transfer to mixing bowl. Add vegan mayo, coconut aminos, sriracha, chives, lemon juice, celery, and green onion. Fold in the cooled tofu/ pepper mix.
9. Fold all ingredients together until combined.
10. Place one leaf of butterhead lettuce inside roll. Fill each bun with “lobster” filling mixture. Garnish with extra chives.