VEGAN LEMON BLUEBERRY OLIVE OIL CAKE by @rainbownourishments
Follow us @veganrecipesideas for more vegan recipes 💚🌱
2 ½ cups plain or all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cups sugar
3 tsp baking powder
¾ cup dairy free milk, such as almond, soy or coconut
⅓ cup olive oil
⅓ cup lemon juice and zest (about 2-3 lemons)
2 tbsp Birch & Waite Greek Lemon Dressing
1 ¼ cups (190g) blueberries, fresh or frozen
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined. Add all the wet ingredients except the berries and mix until just before it’s combined.
3. Add half of the blueberries and gently fold through. Pour the batter into a 20 cm round cake tin. Scatter the remaining blueberries on top and gently press them into the cake.
4. Bake the cake for 50-60 minutes or until you can poke a skewer in the middle and there’s no wet batter on it. This is a moist cake so some crumbs on your skewer are fine.
5. Allow the cake to cool in the cake tin for 10 minutes then cool on a wire rack. Dust the cake with icing sugar and serve! Enjoy!!