VEGAN “KRISPY KREME” GLAZED DONUTS by @alexafuelednaturally
Follow 👉 @veganrecipes4all for more Delicious and Healthy Vegan Recipes 🌱
Ingredients: (Makes 12 donuts)
1 package (1 1/2 tsp) active dry yeast
1/2 Cup of Lukewarm Water
2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup cane sugar
6 tbsp apple sauce
1/4 Cup + 2 tbsp warm any plant Milk (I used oat milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1/4 Cup of vegetable Shortening (or softened vegan butter)
Oil for frying (I used sunflower oil)
Ingredients For the Glaze:
1 1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar
2 tbsp plant milk
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
Small pinch of salt
1.Combine 1/2 cup of lukewarm water and yeast, Mix then to the yeast mixture add 1/2 cup of all purpose flour mix well. Let sit for 10 mins.
2.Add 1/4 cup of veg shortening, 1 1/2 cups of flour, salt, vanilla and 1/4 cup of sugar into the yeast mixture.
3.Add the apple sauce & the warm milk (I used oat milk)
4.Spread 1 cup of all purpose flour on your kitchen counter or cutting board, dump the dough and gently knead the dough (it’ll be sticky, Add more flour if needed) until soft & smooth. Place the dough back into the bowl, cover with a kitchen bowl & let rise for 1 hr.
5. Choose a round, medium-sized cookie cutter or a wine glass to cut out the donuts.
6. Once the dough is doubled, spread two large handfuls of flour on your kitchen counter. Flatten the dough with a rolling pin and cut out donuts. Then use something small to cut out small hole in center.
7. Pour in about 4-5 cups of oil (I used sunflower oil) into a large pot. Use medium heat for this. Test out a donut hole to see if the oil is hot enough. Carefully place 3-4 donuts into the frying oil or (as many as your pot or pan will allow) but don’t over crowd.
8. Fry a few minutes on both sides…until golden. Use a frying ladle to remove the donuts from oil & place on a plate lined with paper towels.
For the glaze:
9. Combine powdered sugar, milk, pure maple syrup in a bowl. Mix well, and dip each donut into the glaze (best to coat right after frying!)