Vegan Flapjack this is really easy to make and tastes amazing it’s also full of nuts seeds and fruit so it’s really healthy as well!
50g mixed nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews)
3 tbsp desiccated coconut
50g mixed seeds
100g mixed dried fruit (such as currants, sultanas, dried cherries, apricots)
100g pitted medjool dates
2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
1½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp almond butter
Pinch salt. METHOD
1. Preheat oven to 180℃
2. Spread the oats, nuts, coconut and seeds across 2 baking trays, keeping them roughly separated. Put the trays in the oven and toast for 5-7 minutes.
3. Roughly chop the dried fruit and dates and add them to a bowl.
4. Zest and juice the orange into the bowl and allow the fruit to soak for 5 minutes. Set the toasted dry ingredients aside to cool.
5. Roughly chop the nuts . Add all the toasted ingredients to the bowl with the ground flax, cinnamon, salt and fold together to combine.
6. Peel the bananas, pour them into a mixing bowl and mash into a smooth paste. Stir the vanilla and almond butter into the banana to combine.
7. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
8. Pour the mixture into the cake tin, spread it out with spatula making sure the mixture is smooth on top.
9. Put the tin in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until the mixture is beginning to turn golden in colour. #bosh #veganrecipes #healthyfood #flapjack #vegansnacks #energysnack