Vegan crispy smashed parmesan potatoes (serves 2-3 as a side dish) by @daria_cooks_vegan 🥔
I love a good cheese and potatoe combo!
• 24 ounces / 680 g honey gold 2-bite potatoes
• olive oil for cooking
• 1 teaspoon dried herbs
• 1/4 cup / 35 g vegan parmesan cheese, grated
• 1 teaspoon paprika powder
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 °F / 230 °C.
2. Wash potatoes. Bring salted water and potatoes to boil and cook for about 7 minutes. Drain potatoes.
3. In a bowl mix 2 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon herbs, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1 teaspoon paprika powder and parmesan cheese. Combine with potatoes and transfer them to a lined baking tray. Bake for about 25 minutes, then smash them with a fork. Drizzle with more olive oil and bake for another 20 minutes. Turn potatoes and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with fresh herbs. Serve with vegan sour cream, if desired. Add more salt, as needed. ENJOY!💚