Vegan Coconut Thai Red Curry 🌶
How else loves Thai food? 😍❤
You like this recipe? Follow @think.bean
Here is how to do it
INGREDIENTS for 4 serves
• 400 grams extra-firm tofu
• 1 tablespoon peanut or safflower oil
• 2.5 cm ginger root, peeled and minced
• 2 shallots or 1 small onion, minced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 Thai chile or 2 serrano peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro stems
• 200 grams cremini mushrooms, quartered
• ½ teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
• 3 tablespoons prepared red curry paste
• 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
• 2 teaspoons Asian fish sauce
• Zest and juice of 1 lime
• 1 cup snow peas
• Basil and/or cilantro leaves, for garnish
• Brown or white rice, for serving
1. Cut tofu into 2 to 2.5 cm slabs and place on paper towel-lined baking sheet. Cover with another layer of paper towels and place another baking sheet on top. Let sit for 20 minutes. Cut into 2 cm cubes.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ginger, shallots, garlic, chile and cilantro stems, and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms and sauté until golden brown and tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt. Stir in curry paste and cook 2 minutes.
4. Pour in coconut milk, scraping up any curry paste with a wooden spoon. Add fish sauce, lime zest and juice. Add tofu cubes and snow peas. Simmer until the sauce thickens slightly and the snow peas are tender, 7 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Taste and add more salt and/or fish sauce if needed.
5. Serve warm with brown rice and a scattering of torn basil and/or cilantro leaves on top.
When you #eatmoregreens and #eatmoreplants you can actually feel the #plantbasedpower on you. Your #plantbaseddiet and #plantbasedliving really turn your life into #healthylifestyle and #healthyliving. I Iove to see many colors on the #food I eat, that is why I #eattherainbow which is #poweredbyplants🌱.If you go on #plantbased and start to #eatclean consuming more #healthyfood and #vegetarianfood you have a new opportunity to go to a #fitness #fitnessjourney, do not be afraid just #goplantbased, because #wholefoods and #wholefoodsplantbased