🌱Vegan Bolognese 🌱
After a long day of skiing ⛷ there is nothing than I want more than a giant bowl of this Vegan Bolognese 🙌🍝
For recipe notes, head over to hungrylittleherbivore.com, link in bio 😉
16 oz spaghetti, fettuccine, or pasta of choice
7oz Beyond Spicy Sausage (2 links)
16oz Beyond Beef
1 C carrot, shredded
1 C celery, minced
1 C yellow onion, minced
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 C raw cashews, soaked overnight
1/2 C plant milk (unsweetened, unflavored)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp vegan butter
28 oz crushed tomatoes
6 oz tomato paste
1 C vegetable stock*
1 tsp dried italian herbs
2 bay leaves
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
1. In a large dutch oven, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the carrot, celery, onion, and garlic. Sweat the mixture for 3-5 minutes until soft.
2. Remove the casing from the Beyond Sausage and add it along with the Beyond Beef to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
3. Add the wine to deglaze, followed by the crushed tomato, tomato paste, vegetable stock, herbs and seasonings. Bring the mixture to a simmer then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Allow the mixture to cook on low for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
4. While the sauce cooks make the cream mixture by using a high speed blender to blend the soaked cashews and the mylk.
4. Meanwhile, bring 6 quarts of water plus 1 tbsp of kosher salt to a boil. Cook the pasta to al dente according to the package instructions, stirring occasionally.
5. To finish the dish, stir the cream and the butter into the sauce. Add the cooked pasta and stir so the sauce fully coats the pasta. Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl, and finish with chopped parsley and vegan parmesan cheese.
#hungrylittleherbivore #whatveganseat #veganmealideas #veganfoodshare #veganfoodporn #healthyeating #easyveganrecipies #coloradovegan
#veganrecipes #plantbased #plantbaseddiet #plantbasedrecipes #foodporn #foodphotography #foodie #bestofvegan #veganfoodideas #vegansofinstagram #bolognese #plantbasedmeals #foodblogfeed #eeeeeats #veganpasta
#foodblogeats #vegancommunity #discoverunder5k #veganmealprep