Udon know how much I loved this noodle recipe 🍜
It was a beautiful rainy day here yesterday in the Sunshine Coast so I thought a warm curry noodle soup would definitely warm the soul
Vegan Tofu Curry Noodle Soup
For the Tofu
450g firm tofu
2 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Tbsp Cornflour
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
½ tsp salt
For the curry
3 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
2 red capsicums, diced
2 large carrots, thinly sliced
1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
salt, to taste
5 garlic cloves
1 long red chilli, thinly sliced (and deseeded if you don’t like spicy)
3 cups of vegetable stock
1 can full-fat coconut milk
2 packets udon noodles (the amount of noodles is really up to you)
2 tsp curry powder
2 Tbsp lemongrass paste
1 tsp ground ginger (2 tsp freshly grated ginger)
3 cups of baby spinach
lime wedges for serving
1. Press the tofu: Wrap the block of tofu in paper towels. Place a plate or pan on top of the wrapped tofu, Let the tofu press for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
3. Slice the tofu into about 6 slices and rip each slice into medium-large pieces.
4. Add the tofu pieces to a large bowl, along with the olive oil, cornstarch, curry powder, turmeric, and salt. Toss to coat all of the tofu. Arrange the tofu evenly on the prepared pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden and crispy.
5. While the tofu is cooking, you can prepare the curry sauce. Add cabbage, red capsicum, and carrots with your desired amount of olive oil to a large pan and sauté on medium heat for approx. 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Add salt, chilli, and garlic and sauté for another 3 minutes.
7. Add vegetable stock, coconut milk, udon noodles, curry powder, lemongrass paste, and ginger. Stir well and gently simmer for another 10 minutes
8. When the tofu is done, add it and the broccoli to the curry.
9. Add the spinach and stir to incorporate
10. When the spinach has wilted, transfer to serving bowls and serve with fresh lime. I topped mine with some fresh basil, alfalfa, fresh chilli, homemade sundried tomatoes and fried shallots.