? TWO YEARS VEGAN ?
? If you don’t want to read my sappy story and just want a BOMB mug cake recipe, skip to the bottom.
Time flies by when you’re eating amazing food, feeling amazing, not harming animals, and leaving a smaller footprint on earth. I’m asked often when I cheat, when I plan to stop, why I do it all… for everything.
• I had someone who supported me and jumped into the lifestyle with me overnight (thanks Brett!).
• I am a great cook (not to brag) who loves a challenge so I love trying to make new things.
• I couldn’t pet every animal I came across and go home and put them on my plate.
• I have a couple food allergies related to animal products, my body literally is saying NO!
• I did the research to ensure I got the macronutrients I needed in addition to the vitamins and minerals my body needed.
• I was ready for the change.
So yeah, everything came together that lead me to just jump into a vegan lifestyle overnight. Many folks roll their eyes at me, make remarks about “mmm steak” to my face when they ask me a question about being vegan, ask if I “get enough protein”, ask if I miss certain foods… etc.
I’m a lean, mean, plant eating machine and I never intend to go back. This has been such an amazing journey and it’s only the beginning! I will am always happy to answer questions and tell you more information on how you can make a difference and STILL get a good diet in. Just look at my past photos of my transformation… I think we’re doing just fine.
For my health, for the animals, for the earth, for you, for our great great grandkids, for everyone. So here’s to 2 years and many more celebrated with this mug cake! ?
BROWNIE MUG CAKE:
– 2 tbsp flour of choice
– 1 tbsp cacao powder
– 1 tbsp brown sugar
– 1/2 tbsp olive oil
– 2 tbsp almond milk
– chocolate chips to taste
– non dairy vanilla ice cream (definitely try out @heb ‘s!)
Stir, microwave in a safe dish for 90 seconds, and enjoy!
#vegan #veganism #veganrecipes #veganniversary #veganfood #atx #atxvegans #atxvegan #nutritioncoach #nutrition #cpt