t’s quick, easy to make & incredibly delicious! Perfect over some rice, too 🤤🍚
Save the recipe below or tag someone who loves tofu✨
Reposted from @veganmeal_recipes 💚
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sweetener (eg. brown sugar, maple syrup…)
1 tsp sesame oil
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
2 stalks green onions, finely chopped
1 block (450g) firm tofu
Cornstarch, to coat
1-2 tbsp cooking oil
1. To start off with, combine soy sauce, sweetener, sesame oil, black pepper and green onions into a bowl. Mix well and set this aside for later.
2. Drain a block of firm tofu, no need to press the tofu for this recipe, simply drain! Slice into rectangular pieces, that way you only have cook two sides instead of 6 (if you had cut them into cubes). Add a layer of cornstarch onto a large plate and lightly coat your tofu pieces in the cornstarch. Dust off any excess. Note: You can skip the cornstarch step and still get amazing results, the cornstarch step just adds a crispy skin! I actually didn’t use any for the tofu in this picture as I alternate between both methods.
3. Heat the oil in a frypan over medium high heat. Once hot, pop the tofu slices in and fry until golden and crispy on both sides.
4. Once cooked, turn the heat down to low and pour in the sauce.Toss until tofu is well coated and sauce has reduced.
5. Serve over a bed of rice, garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy with a side of cucumber for an extra crunch. Enjoy!
#vegan #plantbased #veganfood #vegetarian #healthyfood #crueltyfree #food #organic #healthy #veganlife #healthylifestyle #foodie #govegan #foodporn #vegansofig #veganrecipes #love #veganism #instafood #vegano #natural #whatveganseat #fitness #veganfoodshare #health #yummy #dairyfree #homemade #bhfyp