TRUFFLE MAC N CHEESE
Mine was vegan because I’ve found my new fave vegan cheese, but you can use whatever.
It took me 20 mins to have this ready to eat and you can have it prepped for the week.
Vegan truffle Mac n cheese, makes 2-3 servings….
3/4 block pasta factory truffle almondino (or other truffle cheese)
1/2 block silken tofu
1 tsp white miso paste
1 tsp veg stock
Splash hot water or plant milk
1 tsp garlic powder or garlic paste
2 cloves black garlic (optional)
2-3 servings macaroni
1 slice of bread crust
1. Blend all the sauce ingredients together (only use 1/2 the block of almondino), add anything else depending on the taste
2. Preheat the oven to 220
3. Bring a pan of water to the boil, salt it well
4. Add the pasta to the water and boil for 5-6 mins or until just before al dente
5. Add the sauce to the pasta in the pan and mix well, add the remaining truffle cheese (crumble it in) and stir through well
6. Season the pasta and add to an oven proof dish
7. Blend up a piece of bread in a blender until you have breadcrumbs – if you have shop bought breadcrumbs, just use them
8. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the pasta, drizzle with truffle oil, and bake for 10 mins. Serve with anything you like – I would serve with my truffle crostinis 😛
If you don’t have a blender, just mash up the silken tofu really well and melt everything in a saucepan on low heat.
#truffle #macncheese #pasta #macaroni #cheesepasta #explore #disoverunder20k #healthydinner #vegan #mealprep #lowcalorie @pastafactoryuk @clearspringuk @lovinglyartisan @misotasty @wellandgoodeats @iamwellandgood @thefeedfeed @food52