🥑🍅 To Get More Delicious Vegan Recipes, Visit BIO @veganloverssss
Charred Red Cabbage & Lentil Salad 🌿🍃 w/ balsamic caramelized onions and kalamata olives in lemon vinaigrette 🌿🍃
A really delicious and hearty yet light salad that hits in all the right ways…who’s sharing with me? I’ll share 😉 🌿🍃
1.5 cups dry lentils + vegetable broth for cooking
3 carrots, peeled. finely diced
3 cups sliced red cabbage
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup (packed) sliced kalamata olive
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried parsley
2 tsp za’atar seasoning
Salt, garlic powder for cooking process
Fresh parsley or herbs of choice for serving (optional)
Lemon Vinaigrette (whisk together well)
Juice 1/2 lemon, 1 tsp vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp agave or maple syrup
2 tsp dijon mustard
1. In saucepan, add lentils and vegetable broth. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low simmer, covered until lentils are al dente – do not overcook for this recipe. Drain any liquid, arrange lentils on baking tray to cool.
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet add oniins, 1 tbsp oil, season w/ salt & garlic powder, cook until translucent. Add some veggie broth if getting too dry. Next add balsamic vinegar, cook gently, stirring every so often. Let onions get bit browned.
3. In separate skillet, saute carrots in touch of oil and broth, for 3-5 min (you want them crisp-tender), then transfer to plate. Add cabbage to pan. Season w/ salt & garlic powder, dried oregano, parsley, add touch oil, cook until wilted & slightly browned over medium high heat, stirring as needed to prevent burning.
4. Assemble salad w/ lentils, onions, carrots and cabbage in a large bowl or one of pans, & add olives & za’atar seasoning, some dressing, toss. You may have leftover dressing.
5. Taste, add more lemon juice or garlic powder as desired. Add chopped fresh herbs.