This Tofu Scramble recipe is the ultimate plant-based breakfast and concludes this week’s installment of quick and easy breakfast ideas!
You can add sliced avocado, salsa, and even last night’s leftover veggies for an easy, fun, and flavorful meal.
Tofu Scramble Recipe
* ⅓ cup almond milk
* 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
* ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
* ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 tablespoon coconut oil
* ½ cup diced yellow onion
* 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, patted dry and crumbled
* Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
* In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, nutritional yeast, garlic, mustard, turmeric, cumin, and ½ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
* Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and pinches of salt and pepper and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tofu and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the tofu is thoroughly heated. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the almond milk mixture. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with more salt and freshly ground black pepper.
* Serve with veggies, salsa, and tortillas
#tofu #tofuscramble #tofurecipes #plantbased #plantbasedrecipes #plantbaseddiet #vegan #veganbreakfast #foodasmedicine #healthiswealth #healthy #healthandwellness #integrativenutrition #functionalnutrition #healthcoach #holisticnutrition #holistichealth