This Sweet Potato Hummus by @barbarasfoodcravings is creamy, silky, and deliciously sweet ??? It’s super easy to make and perfect as a healthy snack with fresh vegetables or pita chips.
A great way to switch up your hummus!
– 1 can chickpeas
– 1/4 cup tahini
– 1 sweet potatoe, medium
– lemon juice from 1 lemon
– 1 tsp paprika powder
– 1/2 tsp cummin
– 1 tsp salt
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1/3 cup water
1. Peel and cut the sweet potato and preheat the oven to 400ºF / 200ºC.
2. Toss the cubed sweet potato and olive oil together and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until tender.
3. Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas and remove the skins by gently rolling the chickpeas in a clean kitchen towel (This is optional).
4. Transfer the chickpeas, sweet potato, tahini, garlic, olive oil, salt, paprika, cumin, cayenne, and lemon juice to a food processor and blend for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the water and let everything blend for another minute or until smooth and creamy (add as much water as you want, depending on the consistency you want to reach).
6. Transfer to a bowl and top with fresh herbs, olive oil, and toasted sesame seeds.
7. Serve with toasted sourdough, pita chips, fresh veggies, or whatever you like!