This is the definition of an “in a hurry curry” 🍛
We’ve been so busy the past 2 weeks that it’s been pretty basic, fast and easy food! Between work, appointments and Christmas catch-ups it’s meals like this that have seen us through 🤗
I also served it with some of my spiced chickpeas which I will pop a recipe up for very soon! 🤗
Effort ➡️ Easy ✅
Prep ⏰ 5 mins
Cooking ⏰ 10-15 mins (excluding rice)
• 1 cup of cooked rice
• 1 tbsp curry powder
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 thumb-sized piece of ginger chopped finely
• 2 cloves of garlic chopped finely
• 1 broccoli cut into florets
• 2 carrots chopped
• 1 red onion diced
• 1 x 400 ml tin chopped tomatoes
• 1 x 400 ml tin coconut milk
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. To speed things up, I boiled the carrot and broccoli for 5 mins in boiling water before adding to the curry sauce.
2. Add the tbsp of oil to a large frying pan/wok on a med-high heat.
3. When hot, add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for 2-3 mins (until the onion is translucent. Then add the spices and cook for 30 seconds, ensuring everything gets a good coating by mixing it around.
4. Next add the broccoli and carrot and fry for 1 minute, followed by the chopped tomatoes and coconut milk.
5. Mix everything around, bring to the boil and simmer for at least another 5 minutes. The longer you leave it, the more it will thicken!
Tip: It will taste much better if you don’t have to pre-boil the broccoli and carrot but this is ideal when you’re in a hurry with your curry!!!