This is hands down my favourite plant-based dish. And what I love most about it is that it’s my own recipe! 🍜
I developed this vegan Pad Thai recipe as a response to a serious Thai food craving. I found that most of the recipes online had strange, inaccessible ingredients so I had to make do with what I had available.
* Serves 2-3
– 3 tbsp vegan fish sauce (you can make this by soaking a few dried shiitake mushrooms in 3 tbsp of soy sauce, but dont add the mushrooms to the mix!)
– 1 tbsp soy sauce
– 4 tbsp brown sugar
– 1 tbsp chili flakes
– 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
– 1 tbsp lime juice
– 3 tbsp coconut or olive oil
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1/2 package extra firm tofu, shredded (optional)
– 1 cup bean sprouts
– 1 cup green onions, chopped
– 1 carrot, shaved with peeler
– 1/2 roasted peanuts
– 1/2 lb flat rice noodles (approx. 1/2 package)
1. Add oil to a large pan on medium heat. Add garlic until it begins to sizzle.
2. In a separate bowl, combine all sauce ingredients. Mix well.
3. Add tofu, vegetables, and peanuts to the garlic pan and continue to cook on medium heat. Once cooked, add the sauce mixture. Turn heat down to low to keep warm.
4. Cook noodles as per package directions. Strain before they are fully cooked.
5. Add cooked noodles to the pan with the vegetables and mix well.
6. Transfer to a dish or bowl and top with extra green onions and peanuts if desired.
#vegan #veganrecipes #veganfood #veganfoodie #veganeats #plantbased #plantbasedmeals #plantbasedfood #plantbasedrecipes #plantpowered #veganlife #veganbreakfast #vegansofig #veganism #vegetarian #vegetarianrecipes #veganlunch #vegandinner #dairyfree #glutenfree #thaifood #noodles #padthai