These healthy vegan burrito wraps ? are perfect to make if you are on the go. And, if you don’t want to wait for the rice to cook (speaking from experience here) grab pre-cooked/steamable rice instead and go #semihomemade
HEALTHY VEGAN BURRITO WRAP
½ cup brown rice (precook the night ahead for easy assembly)
1 ¼ cup of water
½ tsp. vegan butter
½ cup can black beans
pinch of salt and pepper
¾ tsp. taco seasoning
1 ½ tsp. lime juice
3 tbsp. vegan mayonnaise
⅛ tsp. hot sauce
3 large whole grain wraps
1 ½ cups lettuce
½ mango, peeled and chopped
½ cup tomatoes, chopped (optional)
3 tbsp. salsa
3 tbsp. fresh coriander
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Add the brown rice, water and vegan butter to a saucepan and season with a pinch of salt. Bring the water to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the rice for 40 minutes. Once cooked, drain the rice.
2. Add the black beans into the cooked rice, stir, and set aside.
3. To make spicy mayonnaise, add the vegan mayonnaise, taco seasoning, lime juice and hot sauce into a small bowl, mix well to combine. Add more or less hot sauce to adjust the spice level to taste.
4. Chop the coriander leaves, mangoes and tomatoes. Add the spicy mayonnaise to the brown rice and beans and mix well.
5. Assemble the wrap by adding ½ cup of bean and rice mixture, then top with 1 tablespoon of salsa, ⅓ of the lettuce, ⅓ of the chopped coriander. Wrap up tightly and serve.
6. Repeat this process for the next two burritos.
#burritolife #burrito #burritotime #burritos? #avocado #veganrecipe #burritoporn #veganfoodporn #vegancomfortfood #vegetarianrecipes #plantbasedfood #veganlifestyle #plantbaseddiet #plantbasedrecipes #tacotuesday #veganfoodlovers #govegan