there’s nothing sexier than a big bowl of pasta with some veg meatballs.
but really. LOOK AT THIS. I partnered up with @lovelilbucks to create the most dreamy plant-based, buckwheat filled dinner recipe and I think that we really smashed this goal. I teased about these meatballs (plantballs?) a few months back but wanted to perfect them before releasing the recipe. But my friends, we have done it. Looking for a dinner recipe idea? Here ya go:
1 cup chickpeas, drained
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
3 tablespoons water
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
2 tbsp @lovelilbucks original sprouted buckwheat
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoons onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt – or to taste
1 box of your favorite pasta + sauce
1. Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
2. Make your flax seed “eggs” – mix 2.5 tablespoons of ground flax seed with 6 tablespoons of water. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
3. Mix together the chickpeas and flax seed eggs.
4. Mix in the remaining ingredients. If the mixture is too sticky, add more breadcrumbs half a tablespoon at a time. If too dry, add a little chickpea liquid or oil.
5. Form the chickpea mixture into meatballs and place onto a parchment-lined baking dish.
6. In a 450 degree oven, bake the chickpea meatballs for 20-25 minutes, turning over halfway through.
7. Add these plant-balls to your favorite pasta + sauce combo and enjoy!
that’s it *chefs kiss*