The sixth and final recipe in our series is this easy peasy gooey grilled cheese!
It’s great to have with a mug of tea or coffee or just as a snack.
– 2 slices of bread
– 2 Tbsp @liveyumfoods cheddar cheese shreds
– 2 Tbsp plant-based milk of your choice
– @emkayfoodproducts ghee to apply on the bread
– salt to taste
1. In a small bowl, microwave* the cheese shreds, plant-based milk, and a pinch of salt for 50 seconds.
2. Remove from the microwave and stir for a few seconds. If there are still a lot of shreds that have not melted, microwave for around 20 seconds.
3. Take a slice of bread and apply ghee to this side. Place it with the ghee side down on the pan and on the side facing you, pour the cheese mixture.
5. Cook on medium-low heat for a minute until golden. While it is cooking, apply the ghee to another slice of bread.
6. Place the other slice on top of the cheese with the ghee side facing you. Flip and cook for another 30-40 seconds until golden.
7. Remove and plate!
*The reason for microwaving is because the cheese shreds alone do not melt when cooked between bread on the pan. They remain as shreds.
For a spicy version of this grilled cheese, add a pinch of chili powder or piri piri spice to the cheese mixture before microwaving.
#grilledcheese #vegangrilledcheese #cheesetoast #cheese #vegancheese #vegan #vegans #veganism #veganfood #veganeats #whatveganseat #vegansofig #veganlife #veganfoodshare #veganindia #indianvegan #india #hyderabad