The best Crispy Zucchini Fries! ??? Just cut up the zucchini, dip in batter & bread crumbs, and bake! I’ll have to figure out a gluten-free breadcrumb option for next time, but these were delicious!
Recipe is by the lovely @fitgreenmind. Check out her page – she has SO many amazing vegan recipes! I’ll share it below as well:
What you need:
• a large zucchini
• breadcrumbs (I used Panko, found in the Asian foods aisle of most grocery stores)
For the batter:
• 1 cup flour (GF if needed)
• 7/8 cup water
• 1 tsp each of salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried oregano
• pepper to taste
For the dipping sauce:
• 3 tbsp sriracha
• 1 tbsp vegan mayo (I use Veganaise, which is found near the tofu in the natural/health foods section of the grocery store.)
• 1/2 tsp garlic & onion powder
1) Preheat oven to 435°.
2) Cut up zucchini into “fries.”
3) Make batter by combining all ingredients and mixing well (flour, water, and spices).
4) Pour Panko or breadcrumbs in a bowl.
5) Dip zucchini in batter to coat on all sides. Then dip in the breadcrumbs and coat on all sides.
6) Place coated zucchini fries on a baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
7) While zucchini in baking, make the dipping sauce. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix with a fork.
8) When zucchini is done, transfer to a plate and serve immediately. Enjoy! .
#veganrecipes #zuchinni #plantbased #veganfood #veganlife #plantbasedfoods #vegan #easyvegan #easyveganrecipes #appetizers #yummy #vegansofig #veganfoodshare #foodphotography #easyappetizers #vegansnack #veggierecipes #eatmoreplants