Tandoori Paneer and Corn Jalapeno Poppers!
These oven grilled Desi flavored jalapeno poppers are spicy, easy and perfect appetizer or side dish. These were invented because I had tomato gravy left over from the tandoori paneer sabzi that we made for dinner last night ? and I was hungry and needed some quick and chatpata bites in evening (read: pre-dinner snack ?). The cilantro chutney-cream cheese dip was to die for and should not be missed too :).
1. Leftover tomato based thick gravy- 1/4 cup
2. Paneer- 1/4 cup cut in small cubes
3. Corn – 1/2 cup frozen cut corn, thawed in microwave for 2 mins and water drained out
4. Jalapenos – 3-4 jalapenos, slice in half lengthwise and remove seeds
5. Tandoori Masala – 1 tablespoon
6. Chat Masala – 1 tablespoon
7. Shredded mozzarella cheese – 1.5 Cups
8. Chopped cilantro – 1/2 cups
1. Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking tray with parchment.
2. In a small pan, add 2 tsp ghee and add tandoori Masala and then add the leftover gravy. Mix well cook for 1 min.
3. Add chat Masala, paneer cubes, thawed corn, cilantro and mix. Gravy should only be enough to coat paneer and corn. It shouldn’t be runny.
4. Make sure this mixture is thick and not watery at all. Turn heat off and cool a little bit while you prepare jalapeno slices.
5. Mix 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese in the tandoori paneer gravy.
6. Lay the prepared jalapeno slices on lined baking tray. Spoon the paneer-corn filling in the jalapeno slices. Sprinkle some more chat Masala on top if you like.
7. Add mozzarella to cover the tops of jalapenos well and bake in oven for 8 mins. The cheese should be getting golden on edges when done.
8. Enjoy it with cilantro chutney-cream cheese dip.
To make cilantro chutney-cream cheese dip: I microwaved 2 cubes of my frozen cilantro chutney for 30 seconds and mixed it with 2 tablespoons of softened cream cheese. It was unbelievable tasty ?
#vegetarianfood #vegetarianfoodblogger #instagood #instapic #instalike #instafood #bayareafoodblogger #indianfoodblogger #instagram #picoftheday #homecooking #homecook #vegetarianrecipes #lowcarb #lchf #ketoveg #ketovegetarian #thecreativevegetarian #tandoori