Sweet, sour, and spicy mushrooms with water dropwort (Beoseot minari chomuchim 버섯 미나리 초무침), my style with an Indonesian twist. I made this in order to cook some beans in a new way. This @maangchi recipe is super delicious with beans and red cabbage, I am aghast!
Here’s the recipe of my version:
Ingredients (Serves 5 to 6):
. 6 cups of shredded red cabbage
. 1½ tsp salt
. 225 gr cooked kidney beans
. ¼ cup hot pepper paste/gochujang (I swapped it to sambal)
. 1 tbs hot pepper flakes (gochugaru)
. 2 garlic cloves, minced
. 1 tbs brown sugar
. 3 tbs white vinegar
. 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
. 1 green chili pepper, stemmed, & chopped
1. Put the red cabbage in a bowl and mix with ½ teaspoon of salt.
2. Put the beans in a mixing bowl.
Make seasoning sauce:
1. Combine hot pepper paste (in my case, sambal), hot pepper flakes, garlic, 1 tsp salt, sugar, vinegar, & toasted sesame oil in a bowl.
2. Mix well & add to the vegetables in the mixing bowl.
3. Add chili pepper & mix well by hand or a wooden spoon.
1. Transfer to a serving plate.
2. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds & serve right away with rice.
3. Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Let me tell you, this is delicious. One of my favourite bean dishes (even though it’s not a bean dish originally). Maybe also because of the sambal? I don’t know. I have to make this again with gochujang in the future.