🌱Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Mushroom Curry 🍠🍄🍛
Our little plant based meal of this week was this super warming, creamy curry. It serves 4-6 people and goes great with brown rice or some crunchy sourdough toast. Enjoy💁🏼♀️
✔️ 2/3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into small pieces
✔️1 x 400g chickpea, drained
✔️150g mushrooms, sliced
✔️ 1 x 400ml coconut milk (+ 1/2 tin of water)
✔️ 1tsp curry powder
✔️ 1tsp turmeric
✔️ 1tsp ground ginger
✔️ 1tsp ground cinnamon
✔️ 1tsp cumin seeds
✔️ 1 tbsp yellow mustard seeds
✔️ 100h spinach
✔️ 1tbsp lime juice
✔️ salt and pepper to season
1. Preheat the oven to 200C fan.
2. Put the chopped sweet potatoes and the drained chickpeas in a large baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, turmeric, curry powder, ginger, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Give everything a mix to ensure everything is covered and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat up some olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
4. Once hot, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and cook for a minute or so until they start to pop and crackle.
5. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5- 10 minutes until soft. Keep stirring so that they don’t burn. Once softened, add in the mushrooms.
6. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, add then to the pan. Then add the lime juice and coconut milk. I added 1/2 tin of water here too.
7. Bring to a boil and then allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes until the sweet potatoes are deliciously soft. Add more water as you go along if you think it’s getting too thick.
8. Before serving, stir through the spinach and allow it to wilt. Serve with rice of your choice.