Sweet Potato & Black Bean Stew by @healthylivingjames ? The perfect dinner! Who’d you make it with?
Follow us @healthyveganemma for Daily vegan recipes ?
2 tbsp olive oil/coconut oil
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 large red onion, diced
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 heaped tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 pinch chilli flakes
1/2 tsp paprika
2 large sweet potatoes(roughly 800g), peeled and chopped into small cubes
1 tbsp tomato puree
2x 400g cans tomatoes
2x 400g cans black beans, drained and rinsed
400 ml veg stock
2-3 handfuls fresh spinach or kale
salt & pepper
1. Firstly peel and chop the sweet potatoes into small cubes and dice the red onion
2. Heat a large pot on a medium heat with olive oil, garlic, onion with a pinch of salt & pepper and fry for a couple minutes
3. Add all the spices and mix together before adding the sweet potato along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry together for a couple minutes making sure to stir
4. Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, black beans, veg stock and a pinch of pepper and mix together
5. Bring to a boil then reduce to a low heat placing the lid on the pan for 20-25 minutes (until your desired consistency, I like mine fairly thick)
6. Add the spinach and stir through, allowing it to wilt before taking off the heat.