SWEET POTATO AND PEA CURRY VEGGIE ROLLS 🍠
1 medium sweet potato
3 tbsp dry red split lentils
1 large garlic clove
A pinch of salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 cup frozen peas
1 sheet of puff pastry (Most shop bought is accidentally vegan, but be sure to check the ingredients)
1 tbsp plant-based butter, melted
A small handful sunflower seeds
1. Peel and chop the sweet potato into medium size chunks. Add to a pan of boiling along with 3 tbsp red split lentils. Boil for 10-15 minutes or until both the sweet potato and lentils are cooked through.
2. Chop the onion and crush the garlic, with a pinch of salt to help pulverise it. Fry in a tbsp of oil until the onions are translucent. Add the garam masala, ground coriander, ground cumin and ground turmeric and fry for a further minute.
3. Add the sweet potato, lentils and onion and spice mix to a bowl and mash together. Stir in the frozen peas and leave to cool completely.
4. Preheat the oven to 190°C fan/210°C / 410°F.
5. Cut the pastry in half, length ways. Spoon half the mixture along the centre of the top side of the pastry in a sausage shape. Bring the top of the pastry edge back down over the filling and roll up firmly. Brush the bottom edge with the butter to seal the edge. Press down with a fork. Cut into 4 even pieces and repeat with the other half of the pastry.
6. Place on a baking tray. Brush with the remaining butter and sprinkle with a handful of sunflower seeds.
Bake for 20-25 mins, until golden brown. Leave to cool. Serve
Full recipe on blog. Link in bio.