Creamy Vegetable Au Gratin
The kids wanted to have something very cheesy and I wanted them to have something healthy, like lots of veggies! Why not combine the two – said the husband. Problem solved!
Secret – This dish is a magic path to everyone’s heart! ❤️
* All purpose Flour – 1 tsp.
* Basil leaves.
* 1 medium size Carrot, small Cauliflower, 1 each of Red, Yellow and Green Capsicum, some Spinach.
* 3 medium size boiled Potatoes
* Finely chopped Garlic.
* Cooking Oil.
* 5 Cheese cubes – grated.
* 100 ml Milk.
* Chilli flakes.
* Schezwan chutney.
* Salt according to taste.
* Finely chop the veggies. Sauté them in 1 tsp of oil with garlic and onion.
* Add salt and red chilli powder according to taste.
* Schezwan chutney can be added for additional flavour
* Prepare the white sauce-
* Heat 1 tsp of cooking oil / butter in pan.
* Add 1 tsp of all purpose flour.
* Stir the flour for a minute on low flame.
* Add 100 ml of milk and half of the grated cheese to it.
* Stir the mixture continuously to avoid lumps.
* Add salt according to taste.
* Stir for a minute.
* Take a pan and add boiled and mashed potatoes.
* Add the veggie mixture to the white sauce.
* Add a few basil leaves.
* Add this cheesy-white sauce veggie mix on top of the potato layer.
* Add rest of the grated cheese on top and keep it in microwave / Oven / skillet till you see the cheese melting and turning little brown on top!
Add 1/2 tsp of sugar in the white sauce if you like it a bit sweeter.
Explore by adding mushrooms and other veggies of your choice as also with different varieties of cheese for different flavours.
To relish every bite, keep a happy mind!
#augratin #whitesauce #foodgram #comfortfood #cheese#cheeselover #vegetableaugratin #vegetarianfood #creamy #foodsofinstagram #foodporn #foodphotography #italianfood #foodpicoftheday #dailyfood #deliciousness #foodblogger #homemadefood #homecookingisthebest #foodiesofindia #chefsofinstagram #foodrecipes #passionforcooking #foodideas #loveforfood #shotoniphone6 #shotoniphone #punjabimom #homechefvandana