#streetfoodkolkata #alukabli #nofirecooking #healthyfood #healthysnack#healthysnacking #healthysnacksforkids #healthysnacksonthego #homechef #easyrecipes #vegrecipesofindia
#vegetarianfood #chatpatafood #potato #healthypotatoes #potatorecipes
Alu Kabli : Kolkata Street Style( 14th Sep 2020)
Its one of the Famous Street food of Kolkata…Almost in front of Every school or college We find that Alu kabli Kaku.
Today am giving a Tribute to them..recreating the Memory and Taste
So Lets go back to Nostalgia…
• 4 boiled potatoes
• ¼ cup boiled matar (whole yellow peas)
• ¼ th Cup sprouted chola (bengal gram)
• 2 onions (finely chopped)
• 1green chillie (finely chopped)
• 1 tablespoon coriander (finely chopped)
• ½ cucumber (diced)
• 1 tomato (diced)
• ½ lime
• 3 tablespoon tamarind Pulp
• 1 tsp Special bhaja masala
• 1 tea spoon beetnoon (black salt)
• ½ tea spoon salt
• 10 g jhuri bhaja (sev)
Dice potatoes into small 1 cm cubes and add to a mixing bowl.
Add finely chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, roughly chopped cucumber, green chillies.
Squeeze lime juice into the bowl.
Soak ripe tamarind in water and mash to form a pulp. Strain the pulp and into the bowl.
Add the boiled yellow peas and the soaked sprouted Bengal gram.
Add the salt, black salt and Special Bhaja masala.
Toss everything together very well so that the tamarind pulp coats everything.
Place it in a Bowl, Sprinkle Jhuri Bhaja and Serve Immediately.
• 1 tablespoon Cumin seeds (jeera)
• 1tablespoon Fennel seeds (mouri)
• 1 teaspoon Coriander seeds (dhania)
• 1 pc Cardamom (elaichi)
Heat a pan on medium-low flame and add the whole spices to the pan.
Dry-roast them evenly on all sides, stirring continuously, for about 5 minutes.
Add the toasted spices to a grinder and make a fine powder.
Keep it in a Air Tight Container.
It can be used with Phuchka, Ghugni & Jhal muri as well.