Sticky Sesame Tofu with Asain Greens and Cauliflower Rice
This was so delicious and great for meal prep!
· 1 packet of firm/extra firm tofu
· ¼ cup corn starch
· 1 tsp peanut oil + enough for frying
· 2 garlic cloves minced
· 1 tbsp brown sugar
· 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
· ¼ cup + 2 tbsp soy sauce
· ¼ cup ketchup
· 1 tsp sesame oil
· 2 tbsp sesame seeds
· Sliced green onion for garnish
· 1 bok choy
· 1 choy sum
1. Remove tofu from packet and wrap in a tea towel. Press the tofu to remove some of the excess water. Cut tofu into cubes and coat in corn flour. Cut up the bok choy and choy sum.
2. Grate 1 cauliflower and place in a microwave container with a little water in the bottom. Steam in microwave for 5 minutes and strain when you’re ready to serve.
3. Bring a hot frying pan to medium high heat and add enough peanut oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Fry the tofu cubes until all sides are crispy. Remove from pan, place on paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
4. In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce except the peanut oil and the garlic. Place the peanut oil in a pan over medium heat and add the garlic. Let this cook for a minute before adding the rest of the sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer and let cook for 3-4 minutes or until just thickened.
5. Add tofu and Asian greens to the sauce and coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion.
Notes: I meal-prepped this dish and made 5 medium servings.
#vegan #veganfood #veganfoodshare #plantbased #vegantreats #letscookvegan #veganlunch #vegananuary #vegandiet #vegandinner #veganmealprep #crueltyfree #veganrecipe #veganmeals #tofu
#stickytofu #sesametofu #cauliflower