Srilankan Chickpea Curry:
Hello friends, happy Friday to all ??. Yesterday I tried making Srilankan Chickpea Curry (Vegan ?) and trust me, it was awesome.
The secret to making this flavorsome curry is the fresh Curry Powder. A bowl of hot basmati rice with this Chickpea Curry is indeed a delight to eat. Do try it at home and am sure you would relish it ?.
Chickpeas is an excellent source of plant based proteins. And with the goodness of Coconut milk and spices, this whole dish is healthy and scrumptious too.
Chickpeas 1 cup
Tomato 3 medium sized
Curry Powder 2 tsp
Ginger 1 inch
Garlic 1 pod
Green Chilli 1
Thick Coconut Milk 1 cup
Thin Coconut Milk 1 cup
Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
Coriander Seeds 2 tsp
Pepper 1 tsp
Cardamom 1 pod
Fennel Seeds 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds 1 tsp
Curry Leaves few
Cinnamon 1/2 stick
1.Soak Chickpeas overnight. The next day add salt to the chickpeas and pressure cook them for 4 whistles. Once done, keep it aside.
2. Prepare the curry powder. Dry roast the ingredients given under “Curry Powder” and powder them finely. Keep it aside.
3. Prepare the Coconut milk and keep it aside.
4. Puree the tomatoes and keep it aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan.Once hot, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
5. Next add cinnamon stick, chopped ginger, garlic, green chilli.Saute them for a minute.
6. Add the chopped onions. Saute until the onions become translucent.
7. Add the pureed tomatoes, salt and turmeric powder. Saute until the raw smell of the tomatoes go away.
8. Next add the cooked Chickpeas. Mix them well with the onion tomato gravy.
9.Next add the curry powder and the coconut milk.
10.Cover the pan with the lid. Let it simmer for 5 to 10 minutes,until everything blends well.
11.Switch off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy hot with a bowl of hot basmati rice.