SPRING VEGETABLE GNOCCHI w/ White Beans and Lemon Basil Butter ????? (nut free/soy free)
(2 serving recipe)
1) Bring a pot of water to a boil. Peel and mince 2 cloves of garlic and 1 shallot. Peel and dice 2 carrots. Trim 1 inch off of asparagus ends (4oz) and cut remaining stalks into rounds. Zest, halve, and juice 1 lemon. Thinly slice 1/2 oz of basil. Drain and rinse 13.4oz of butter beans.
2) Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic, minced shallot, diced carrot, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until carrot is tender, 5 minutes.
3) Add gnocchi to the large pot of boiling water and cook until they float to the surface, 3 to 5 minutes. Reserve ½ cup pasta water and drain the gnocchi. Shake off any excess water (OR PUT THEM IN THE AIR FRYER?).
4) Return the skillet with the carrots to medium-high heat and add reserved pasta water and 3 tbsp vegan butter and cook until melted, 1 minute. Add asparagus rounds and cook until bright green, 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and just half the sliced basil, and add salt and pepper as necessary. Transfer spring vegetables and lemon basil butter to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
5) Wipe the skillet clean and return to high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Once hot, add cooked gnocchi, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper. Cook until well browned, 3 minutes. Add butter beans, sprinkle with lemon zest and 2 tbsp vegan parmesan, toss, and cook for another 2 minutes.
6) Divide the spring vegetables and lemon basil butter between bowls and top with the gnocchi and butter beans. Sprinkle the spring vegetable gnocchi with the remaining sliced basil. Enjoy!
This @purplecarrotxo recipe was so fresh and delicious! I highly recommend cooking gnocchi with an air fryer too for a crispy texture.? It makes the WORLD of difference! This is the perfect cozy dinner for this time of year. Let me know….do you plan on trying this recipe? ??
#purplecarrotxo #pcrockstars #vegan #veganeats #veganrecipe #njvegan #vegannj #dairyfree #meatfree #recipes #vegandinner #veganlunch #veganpasta #vegangnocchi #veganhealthy #vegannyc #nycvegan #vegancooking #veganoptions