🌱 Spicy Garlic Tofu 🌱
Another invention with @calmccullagh who is obsessed with both garlic and hot sauce so we made some tofu using both! We fried it because I personally prefer it, but I believe it could be baked instead. Let me know if you try it!
firm/extra firm tofu
Tofu Coating: 2 tbsp flour, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp brown sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper
Sauce: 1 tbsp + 2 tsp garlic paste/cloves, 1/2 tbsp hot sauce, 2 tsp brown sugar, 1/2 cup water
(1 tbsp cornstarch & 1 +1/2 tbsp water mix)
• drain your tofu for min 15 mins, and then cut up into small squares.
• mix the tofu coating in a small bowl.
• coat the tofu in this mixture and shallow fry in a neutral oil.
• mix the sauce ingredients in a small pan except the cornstarch mixture.
• heat until boiling, then reduce heat and add cornstarch mixture while mixing. You may not need all of the cornstarch mixture, so add it slowly.
• once the sauce has thickened, add in the fried tofu to coat it.
this sauce makes enough for a coating on a 280g block of tofu, so adjust it if you have a larger block or want more of a sauce.
after frying you can also put the tofu on a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
#veganbowls #vegan #veganrecipes #veganfood #vegans #veganuk #veganfoodie #veganfoodshare #vegansofig #veganlunch #vegandinner #eatvegan #crueltyfreefood #plantbased #plantbaseddiet #plantbasedfoods #bestofvegan #tofurecipes #tofu #garlic #spicy